Blue and Yellow Kitchen

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Risotto


I had my first taste of risotto in Angelino's Katipunan Branch. That was way back during my college years in Ateneo. I had their Risotto ala Bolognese -- risotto in tomato sauce with stewed tomatoes, bell peppers and chicken liver, and I really loved it! That's a lot coming from me, considering that I dislike bell peppers and liver. I have been hooked on risotto ever since.

In fact, risotto class in CACS's program was one of the classes I really looked forward to. So I'm sharing a recipe from the school's program here. It has been modified of course, since I didn't have mushrooms and saffron on hand.

Ingredients:
1/2 c Arborio rice (available from Santi's)
1/4 c prawns
1/2 c heavy cream
1 T onion, diced
1-3 c chicken stock
3 T white wine
salt and white pepper to taste
2 T butter
Parmesan cheese block

Procedure:
1. Saute onion in oil and butter. Add the Arborio rice and stir to coat the grains with oil and butter.
2. Slowly add stock, little by little and fold lightly.
3. Add prawns and white wine.
4. Put in the cream gradually. Add in a little amount of butter.
5. Serve with shaved Parmesan cheese.

1 Comments:

  • I've always wanted to make risotto from scratch. Is it like the rice in Spanish paella? Creamy but not mushy? Thanks for sharing the recipe ha. I shd put this in a list of all the recipe in foodblogs that I wanna try.

    By Blogger celia kusinera, at 3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home