Blue and Yellow Kitchen

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Spaghetti ala Carbonara



Anything with cream in it, I like.

I just feel that everything tastes better with cream. Creamy soup, creamy pasta sauces, whipped cream in my frapuccino, cream frosting....YUM!

I have been wanting to try this recipe for the last few weeks. But laziness got the better of me so I postponed and delayed and postponed some more until one Sunday afternoon, I just couldn't stop craving for carbonara. Coincidentally, our maid prepared spaghetti noodles for that day. Yay! At least there are noodles ready.

This recipe is from Chef Gene's pasta class. I have to admit though, that this is one of the best carbonara recipes I have tried. And I have tried a lot!

Ingredients:

1 box (225 grams) spaghettie, cooked al dente
150 gm. pancetta, sliced (*use bacon if pancetta not available)
3 pcs. garlic, minced
2 cups heavy cream
3 pcs. eggs
3 pcs. eggyolks
1 c Parmesan cheese
freshly ground black pepper
salt
pinch nutmeg

Procedure:

1. Pan fry pancetta. Remove fried bits. In pancetta oil, brown minced garlic.

2. Add cream. Allow to boil then lower heat. In a bowl, whisk together eggs and eggyolks. Pour a little hot cream into egg mixture, and whisk back into pan. Mix for at least 30 seconds.

3. Remove from heat and add the cheese. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Toss into hot pasta. Serve at once.

Hope you like this as much as I did!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home