Blue and Yellow Kitchen

Thursday, April 21, 2005

It's been so long since I last posted something. I wasn't able to take good pictures of some of the viands I cooked, so I didn't bother posting them. I have been baking a lot of cookies though, for the cookie business that a friend and I are starting. It has been exhausting, working the whole day, then baking at night. But nothing beats the rush I get after the cookies are done. Especially when they come out moist and flavorful. :)

I have been so busy with work these last two weeks that I have hardly had time to bake anything. I just got home from a China trip, and I promised myself that I would bake two batches of cookies in order to meet the deadline I set with my partner. Well, half the week is almost over now, and I'm stuck here at home, down with fever and flu. I did consider baking even with my sick conditions, but decided against it, as I didn't want to spread the virus to our beloved taste testers!

Aside from that, Mike and I are tying the knot next year, as I posted in my other blog . Yay! So aside from the wedding preparations, I need to brush up on my culinary skills as well. I can't be baking cakes and pies for dinner every night. Hehe. I have to admit that I have never tried my hand at cooking Filipino dishes. Oh wait, I did try to make adobo during our stay in Canada. I didn't have a recipe for it, so I ended up with a different recipe instead, which I call Chicken with Caramelized Onions. I honestly did not know that making adobo does not require onions. The chicken dish tasted nothing like adobo, but it tasted good na din! A cross between chicken terriyaki and bistek Tagalog.

I need to do so many things. Develop cookie recipes. Practice more cooking and less baking. But I can't start because I'm sick! I'm taking erythromycin, and Mike said that one of the side effect of the drug is that you're hungry all the time. Now, I don't know if this is how other parents treat their sick children, but here in our household, when we are sick, we can't eat anything with oil in it. (Does this hold true for other parents as well? Enlighten me, please.) So, I am stuck eating oil-less foods like bread with pork floss, fruits, etc. Which is hard, since I'm craving for oily pizza, oily adobo, oily pasta all the time. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home