Blue and Yellow Kitchen

Sunday, April 24, 2005

Chicken and Sausage Stir-Fry


This is just one of the lutong-bahay recipes I'll be practicing from now on. I bought the ingredients for this dish two months ago, and it wasn't until last Friday that I was able to make it for dinner (:sheepish grin:). If you love Chinese sausages, then you'll love this dish.

My brother, who loves anything salty, thought the dish was too bland for his taste. He suggested frying the sausages first, before adding it in, to make the dish more flavorful.

Ingredients:
8 pieces chicken thighs (you can use whole chicken cut into serving parts)
1/4 cup rock salt
1/4 cup corn oil
1 tsp minced garlic
1/2 cup chopped onions
1 to 2 T oyster sauce
1 tsp 5-spice powder
1 tsp pepper mill grind black pepper
1 cup water
2 to 3 pieces Chinese sausages, sliced diagonally
3/4 cup sliced canned button mushrooms
3 cups bok choy (pechay Tagalog or Taiwan pechay), cut into 2-inch lengths
2 T cornstarch dispersed in 1/4 cup water

Procedure:
1. Rub the chicken with salt. Rinse and pat dry.

2. Heat oil in a frying pan. Add the garlic and the onions and saute until onions are transparent. Add chicken pieces and continue to cook until chicken changes color. Add oyster sauce, five-spice powder and black pepper. Pour in the water and the sliced sausages and let boil. Simmer until chicken is done. Add the mushrooms and the pechay Tagalog and continue to cook until the vegetables are done. Disperse cornstarch in water and add to the pan. Continue to cook just until the sauce thickens. Serve immediately.

15 Comments:

  • Great Blog! I also have a site about Presto Cheese Slicer
    . You can check it out at Presto Cheese Slicer



    Also, as a thank you for visiting my site, I'd like to tell you about a great site that is giving away a FREE DVD Camcorder! Just click the following link and enter your Zipcode to see if the promotion is available in your area!

    FREE DVD Camcorder

    By Blogger accordion-698598, at 9:34 AM  

  • Well, I've enjoyed my visit to Chicken and Sausage Stir-Fry, but I'm not sure it's what I was looking for. I was actually searching for articles on how to cook lobster - these search engines are weird! Just thought I'd say hello while I'm here :0)

    By Blogger Michael, at 10:25 AM  

  • Crikey! One minute I'm searching the web for things on how to cook lobster, and the next I'm reading Chicken and Sausage Stir-Fry. I'm not sure that's exactlly what I had in mind, kt, but I've enjoyed my visit. Now I'm off to try another search on how to cook lobster.

    By Blogger Michael, at 11:53 PM  

  • Hey, you have a great blog here!

    I have a nashville tennessee insurance site. It covers nashville tennessee insurance related information.

    Come visit if you have an interest.

    -----------------------------------------------------

    By Blogger Jan, at 2:33 PM  

  • Hello, you have an interesting blog here!

    I have a term life site. It covers term life related information.

    Come visit if you have an interest.

    -----------------------------------------------------

    By Blogger Jan, at 5:08 PM  

  • Well, I've enjoyed my visit to Chicken and Sausage Stir-Fry, but I'm not sure it's what I was looking for. I was actually searching for articles on thanksgiving turkey - these search engines are weird! Just thought I'd say hello while I'm here :0)

    By Blogger Michael, at 11:03 PM  

  • Hello, you have an interesting blog here!

    I have a nashville tennessee insurance site. It covers nashville tennessee insurance related information.

    Come visit if you have an interest.

    -----------------------------------------------------

    By Blogger Freeda, at 7:21 PM  

  • Hey, you have a great blog here!

    I have a blue cross site. It covers blue cross related information.

    Come visit if you have an interest.

    -----------------------------------------------------

    By Blogger Jan, at 2:33 AM  

  • Hey, you have a great blog here!

    I have a chattanooga tennessee insurance site. It covers chattanooga tennessee insurance related information.

    Come visit if you have an interest.

    -----------------------------------------------------

    By Blogger Jan, at 11:49 AM  

  • Hey, you have a great blog here!

    I have a term insurance site. It covers term insurance related information.

    Come visit if you have an interest.

    -----------------------------------------------------

    By Blogger Freeda, at 11:10 PM  

  • Hello, you have an interesting blog here!

    I have a Health Savings Accounts site. It covers Health Savings Accounts related information.

    Come visit if you have an interest.

    -----------------------------------------------------

    By Blogger Freeda, at 12:34 PM  

  • Hey, you have a great blog here!

    I have a Health Savings Accounts site. It covers Health Savings Accounts related information.

    Come visit if you have an interest.

    -----------------------------------------------------

    By Blogger Jan, at 1:50 AM  

  • Good blog!

    I have a Blue Cross site. It provides Blue Cross information.

    Check it out if you have an interest, thanks.

    -----------------------------------------------------

    By Blogger Jan, at 6:05 AM  

  • Good blog! I will visit again for updates.

    I have a individual health insurance site. It provides individual health insurance information.

    Come and check it out if you have an interest, thanks.

    ----------------------------------------------------

    By Blogger Freeda, at 8:33 AM  

  • Hello there....good blog! I will visit again for updates.

    I have a Blue Cross Tennessee site/blog. It provides Blue Cross Tennessee information.

    Come and check it out if you have an interest, thanks.

    -----------------------------------------------------

    By Blogger Jan, at 2:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home